Wednesday 17 February 2016

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Tutorial

Some fellow Geek Dads and wannabe Geek Dads have frequently asked me for more information on setting up and using a Raspberry Pi.

I bought a new Raspberry Pi 2 model B a few weeks ago and I thought it would be fine to record a 'how to' video for my geek brethren.

Here's the video:



So first I describe the kit list. You'll need:
  • A Raspberry Pi
  • A case (optional)
  • A micro SD memory card. Best to either buy or make a "NOOBS" card.
  • A good quality 2 Amp power supply with a micro USB connector.
  • An Ethernet cable to connect to your home router*
  • A USB mouse and keyboard
  • A HDMI cable or HDMI to VGA adaptor**

* You could also use WiFi but I don't cover this.
** I used an adapter as my monitor is VGA.

In the video I then show how to connect up all the kit, how to install your first operating system and use of a few applications.

Happy watching and all comments welcome below!

No comments:

Post a Comment